Sunday, September 25, 2011

Now to Him who is able

My husband and I are helping lead a discussion on family life/parenting today in sunday school. Funny how the Lord works--just last night, I fell into bed and felt so discouraged with myself as a mother. So often, all I can see are my myriad shortcomings and failings in this area of my life. How I wish I were more fun, more organized, more consistent, more patient, more proactive, more loving--not to mention wiser, kinder... the list goes on and on. In the providence of God, my dear husband came in to the room to chat and pray, and the burden of my inadquacies began to lift.
And then this morning, the Lord reminded me that when I am feeling condemnation, that is not from Him but from the enemy. Our Lord convicts so that we might repent and then find, in the words of our pastor, "recovery" and restoration. He is not the author of condemnation and despair--that comes from the father of lies. But the voice of Truth speaks words of hope and strength and faith. So it was these words He brought to mind this morning: "Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of His glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen." Jude 24
He is able. He is able. He is able. He is able.
To keep you from stumbling
And to present you blameless before the presence of His glory
With great joy (I really love that!)
to the only God (ONLY GOD--who or what can compare to Him!)
our Savior (saved, redeemed, forgiven, restored, made new in Him)
Jesus Christ, our Lord (what a glorious name! There is infinite power in that name)
be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority (above all, through all, in all, nothing compares)
before all time and now and forever (any limits there? Nope! Always and forever, wherever you are, wherever your loved ones are, whatever you are going through--He is there, forever, in power and glory and HE IS ABLE!)
Amen.
Enough said. He said it. He did it. He will continue to do it in our lives throughout eternity. So when we are feeling inadequate and discouraged and defeated, might we look to Him, consider Him, ask Him, and trust Him to keep His Word. Because He always always always does.
And I say, AMEN and to Him be the glory forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment