Monday, November 6, 2017

Tune our hearts

        "I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." (Ps.34:1)
        "Sing to the Lord, all the earth; proclaim His salvation day after day." (Ps.16:23)
        "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (I Thess.5:16-18)
         "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!" (Phil.4:4)
          A little reminder to all of us that rejoicing in the Lord isn't an occasional thing...or a seasonal thing...or a frequent thing...or even a most of the time thing.  Nope--it's a constant, continual, habitual part of our lives every single day! 
        We're to "bless the Lord at all times:" His praises should be "continually in my mouth."  "Day after day" we should be singing and proclaiming His salvation.  And we're to rejoice always: give thanks "in all circumstances."  I don't see any limitations or delineations there, do you?  When it doubt--shout His praises out! 
          Worship and thanksgiving should be our daily occupation and preoccupation.  Is it?  I wonder: what does it take to cause me to start grumbling...or comparing...or envying...or complaining...or self-pitying?  The antidote for every single one of those is always and forever to choose to start worshiping and rejoicing.  When we can't find reason to praise because of the heavy load we're bearing...we can always rejoice in our Lord.  And  even we can't rejoice in our circumstances, we can forever rejoice in our salvation.
            I loved this challenge from A.W. Tozer: "It is my experience that the totality of our Christian lives--our entire attitude as persons--must be towards the worship of God!  If you do not know the presence of God in your office, your factory your home, then God is not in the church you attend either! I became a Christian when I was a young man working in a tire factory in Akron, Ohio.  I remember my work there--but I remember my worship there too!  I had plenty of worshipful tears in my eyes. No one ever asked me about them, but I would not have hesitated to explain them.  You can learn to use certain skills until they are automatic.  I became so skillful that I could do my work and then I could worship God even while my hands were busy.  If the love of God is in us and the Spirit of God is breathing praise within us, all the musical instruments in heaven are suddenly playing in full support! Even our thoughts become a sanctuary in which God can dwell."
            Might this day be a day of rejoicing in the Lord...and then tomorrow...and then the next...and the next...all the way to heaven.  Might our thanksgiving daily build a golden bridge of praise all the way till we meet our glorious King face to face. 
          Father, Help us, teach us, enable us to praise and worship You continually throughout our days.  Tune our hearts to sing Your praise, as the great old hymn proclaims.  Sometimes my heart needs some serious tuning, Abba, but You are the perfect One to tune and perfect our hearts that we might become magnificent instruments singing and proclaiming Your praise.  You are forever wonderful and worthy.  Thank You, thank You, thank You.  Amen.
           To God be the glory. 
         
         

No comments:

Post a Comment