Sunday, February 3, 2013

His Bread

                     Food for weekend thought:
     Woke up early this morning with a sigh, as I have much work to do on a Bible study lecture.  And multiple loads of laundry... not to mention a plethora of other chores associated with life.   Well, let's just say I felt a bit burdened and just didn't really want to get going.  Instead of getting to work doing what God had called me to do, I tinkered around the kitchen, doing this and that, wasting time really but still feeling that vague sense of uneasiness with all I had to do. 
     Finally, I prayed.  And the air began to clear.  My spirit began to lift.  And then I opened my Daily Light and read: "'Be strong... and work; for I am with you,' says the Lord of hosts." (Hag.2:4)  
     "I am the vine, you are the branches.  He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." (Amen! John 15:5)
     "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  (gotta always love that one!  Phil 4:13)
     "Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might." (Eph.6:10)
     "Strengthen the weak hands, and make firm the feeble knees.  Say to those who are fearful-hearted, 'Be strong, do not fear!'" (Isa.35:3-4)
     "Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (I Cor.15:57)
     Yes, I've read all these verses before, but the Lord knew that I needed them this very morning, at this very moment.  And so I pray that they might encourage someone else's heart this day as well.  For He gives these promises for each of us to grab with eager hands and eat with hungry hearts so that our bodies and spirits might be strengthened and sustained for the work ahead.  
     Might we make the choice this day to go in His might because we have first gone to His Word.  The Bread of Life will never ever fail to fill and fortify us.
     To God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment